Face painting and fine art. Guinea pigs and Ferris wheels. Cotton candy and Plain White T’s (July 9). However you do the Fair, you’re crushing it, California. For true Fair insiders, here’s a preview of the newest and most exciting food offerings, exhibits, tours and entertainment.
- The Grill in The Kaiser Permanente Farm presented by Save Mart Supermarkets: Local celebrity chef Keith Breedlove feeds the crowds with cooking demos using produce grown a few feet from the stage.
- Save Mart Supermarkets California’s Kitchen: Wander in for rotating tasting stations featuring California’s best produce and culinary products.
- NEW $2 Tastes of the Fair: Every food vendor will offer a $2 tasting item every Wednesday and Thursday until 4 p.m.
- NEW California on the Move: Air, Land & Sea: Explore how Californians travel in this exhibit that looks into the past and future of personal and commercial transportation.
- Moo U Barn Tours: Livestock experts lead barn tours through the Tractor Supply Co. Big Barn, answering all your cow queries.
- Off the Chain Bike Bus Tours: Stop and sample suds throughout the Fair on this bike pub crawl.
- NEW The Sky Ride: The Sky Ride returns for the first time since 2008 — a $7 wristband is your ticket to unlimited gliding over the Fair through the summer sky.
- NEW Family-friendly entertainment: Enjoy the food-centric Magic Bean Show, Farmtastic and the Jest In Time Circus stage featuring variety show entertainment.
- NEW California State Fair Cornhole Championships: Gather a team for this event, July 23.
Courtesy of the Sacramento News Review