The California State Fair prides itself in showcasing California’s best commercial wine, cheese, craft brew, and extra virgin olive oil. This competition designates the best extra virgin olive oils which are grown, processed and packaged in California.
2020 Competition Results:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition Judging results
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition Judging results searchable database
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition Judging Photos
- 2020 Best of California Magazine & Award Seal Order Form
2020 Competition Resources:
- 2020 California Commercial Extra Virgin Olive Oil Competition Guide
Capitol Steps Press Event & Best of California Tasting, Best of California Awards Presentation Jun. 25
- The Guide to the Best of California Magazine
- Place an ad in the Guide to the Best of California Magazine
- Step by Step Online Instructions How to Enter
- Click Here to Enter
- Press Release 3/5/19
- Press Release 10/6/18
- California Commercial Extra Virgin Olive Oil Results Archive
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where can I get a lab test done for my entry?
A: Olive Oil Source has a list of Testing Laboratories
Q: What must my lab test show?
A: Free Fatty Acid level must be ≤0.5%
Q: Who will the Judges be?
A: Judges are recruited from several California Sensory Panels certified by the International Olive Council (IOC).
Q: Does my flavored oil need a Lab Test?
A: No, only Extra Virgin Olive Oils need to be sent with lab test results.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org