The first day of the California State Fair was Friday! Now, since I will be here all 17 days, I definitely needed to find a way to budget so I didn’t blow ALL my cash in the first day. Because, let’s be honest, you’ll definitely want that extra cash to squeeze in a final wine slushy or cotton candy ice cream on closing day. If you want some key money-saving tips to handle Fair like pro, then get ready because we are about to discover all the most budget-friendly ways to enjoy the California State Fair.
- Monday – Come to the Fair on Monday! With the SMUD Cares at the Fair Giving Monday, you can receive free admission by donating at least 3 non-perishable food items per person. A bag of pasta, a can of soup, and a can of tuna is less than $3, and can really go to helping a family in need. Admission at almost an 80% discount! Click here for more info about SMUD Giving Monday!
- Wednesday and Thursday – Now THIS is my favorite savings opportunity…Enjoy the deliciousness of fair food for just $2! Yes, you read that right. All food vendors will have a food item at their booth for you to enjoy for the low price of $2. So in other words, you get to sample all types of food for the price of one meal…sounds like cloud 9 to me!
- Enjoy the Exhibits – Did you know ALL exhibits are free with admission? Best of all, check out the exhibits in the Expo Center, like Silent Disco and Whale Tail. Escape the heat and enjoy some quality time with family and friends dancing, learning, and relaxing. If you’ve dreamed of going to a music festival and experiencing a rad silent disco, then you don’t have to wait any longer! Silent Disco is a perfect way to quench the festival thirst!
- California Kitchen – Enjoy food for FREE! My favorite shows to binge watch are always from the Food Network…and now you basically get to watch that those types of shows IN PERSON! The best part is you may even get to taste some of the food these professional chefs create – FREE.
- Kids FREE Tuesdays – If you have a family…you’re in luck! Kids age 12 and younger get into the Fair on Tuesday for FREE. Plus! No matter what your age is, all of the rides are only $2.
- Senior Savings Friday – Every Friday, seniors ages 62 and over enter the Fair for just $10, and can also ride BOTH the Giant Wheel and Grand Carousel for free!
Now that you are fully equipped with the steals and deals of the CA State Fair, we can’t wait to see you on the grounds enjoying all that the Fair has to offer! You will definitely seem like a Fair-time pro to all your buddies when you share all these sweet deals. I feel like there is so much to see, and I don’t want to miss out on any experiences, but as a college student I have watch what I spend. I can assure you, you won’t feel like you are missing anything when you use these money-saving tips.
Written by: Jessica Davalos